Monday, November 21, 2011

Wolf Hall - now a trilogy

Yes.
Mantel is now planning a Tudor trilogy: a new novel, Bring up the Bodies to be published by 4th Estate in May 2012, will focus on the downfall of Anne Boleyn. A third book will keep the title the author had already announced for the sequel, The Mirror & the Light, and will continue Cromwell's story until his execution in 1540.
I don't think I've wanted a book this badly since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. And even then... I'm not certain it's on the same level. I mean, Wolf Hall was that amazing.

All right, the countdown to May 2012 begins. Who's with me?

6 comments:

  1. yes!! I enjoyed Wolf Hall so much, can't wait for more. here is my review by the way: http://wordsandpeace.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/review-63-wolf-hall/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me this is not a joke! I wholeheartedly share your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am do excited by this news! I am so glad that you shared it with us! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have heard so many good things about her books and have been meaning to read them - maybe this is a sign to get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I had better get on with reading Wolf Hall then. I should be done just in time for the new one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard about the second book but had no clue about the trilogy... it's even better!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to an increase in spam. Sorry!